Technology Learning Experience

Follow me as I explore the use of technology in the classroom. I believe that effective technology integration helps in creating a student-centered learning culture. This blog will include my reflections on how to use technology for effective learning. I don't want to use technology just for the sake of using technology. I want students to have a meaningful learning experience. My ultimate goal is to be considered amongst great teachers who have the following characteristics:

1. Sound classroom management skills.
2. Ability to actively engage all learners.
3. Firm understanding of best practices and effective pedagogical techniques.
4. Addresses the needs of all learners by differentiating instruction.
5. Designs lessons that foster critical thinking skills and cognitive growth through authentic-based practices.
6. Are supportive, caring, and passionate about what they do.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 1, Thing #1 & 2 About the Program and Lifelong Learning

Classroom Learning 2.0 is a great tool for those of us who are interested in becoming more savvy on using the latest technology in the classroom.  I want to feel more comfortable with using it in the classroom and look forward to completing this self-paced learning module.

After running through the 7 1/2 habits to lifelong learning, most of them are attainable.  I think that the easiest  step is that I have confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner.  After just completing my MA and a Reading Certificate, I am very confident in my  ability to learn effectively.  I am diligent, know how to study and find resources, and am confident in being a successful learner.  The hardest habit for me however, is viewing problems as challenges.  I do see problems as challenges, but I often give up when it becomes time consuming, allowing other things to take priority over the challenge or finding excuses not to address the challenge.  That said, when it comes to something that I REALLY want, I don't let anything get in my way.  So perhaps it is the level of  commitment rather than the problem that is the hardest for me. I have to be sure to make a solid commitment to my goals so that when those pesky challenges arise, I won't let them deter my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment