Technology Learning Experience

Follow me as I explore the use of technology in the classroom. I believe that effective technology integration helps in creating a student-centered learning culture. This blog will include my reflections on how to use technology for effective learning. I don't want to use technology just for the sake of using technology. I want students to have a meaningful learning experience. My ultimate goal is to be considered amongst great teachers who have the following characteristics:

1. Sound classroom management skills.
2. Ability to actively engage all learners.
3. Firm understanding of best practices and effective pedagogical techniques.
4. Addresses the needs of all learners by differentiating instruction.
5. Designs lessons that foster critical thinking skills and cognitive growth through authentic-based practices.
6. Are supportive, caring, and passionate about what they do.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Week 3: #6 Flickr Fun

Fickr Fun has some great resources for students to use to create fun class projects. For instance I create both a magazine cover and a trading card for state information.  Students can use both of these templates for a variety of purposes, including introducing themselves at the beginning of the year, highlighting a class project, book reports and more.  One item I would like to see is the ability to create the back side of the trading card so that students could include more information. Since this isn't an option, creating a Word template for students to use would take care of it.  

Below are my samples:


Magazine Cover



 Trading Card  

                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment